Clear all

iPad Air 2 D8800 and PMIC getting hot / VCC Main short

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Richard)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Hello I am a total newbie but I like watching microsoldering repair videos. Now my moms tablet died from one day to another.

I directly saw one z-diode and the PMIC getting hot. I removed the diode but VCC Main short is still there and by injecting some voltage the PMIC is getting hot. 

Now I wonder if I can maybe pinpoint the short to another component than the PMIC because it seems the PMIC is not shorted very often and also because it's much more difficult to remove it.

Also the battery drained completely due to the short and with the diode not removed the charger takes 800-900mA and iPad completely dead.

Any ideas ? Thank you 🙂

Topic Tags
(@Richard)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Hello, it's me again. I just found the shorted cap myself. It was no PMIC fault for the whole time 🙂 

The cause has been C8177 which is a capacitor on VCC CPU line. Removed it, iPad works fine again, battery wasn't even drained even though I measured 0.35V on bat.

I only have one question to the capacitors. How important are they? I guess the other ones are now more likely to break? Does anyone know?

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: