Main Tools and Equipment Looking for a good bios chip programmer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anterweb
    Participant
      • Topics 2
      • Replies 2
      • Total 4

Need some advice on what bios chip programmer to buy, I got a CH341A to try and flash a chip for a macbook a1708 but had no joy at all with the software just constantly throwing up errors. So I’ve convinced myself I need a good quality one as I am getting more and more laptops and macbooks that I need to replace bios chips on.
      Anyone with any experience in this giving me some advice on what hardware to get would be much appreciated

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Anterweb.
      Juice
      Participant
        • Topics 2
        • Replies 12
        • Total 14

I have tested 3 programmers

TL866II Plus
        EZP2019 High Speed
        CH341A V1.7

Over all the software that comes with the TL866II is the best IMO They do have a new version out but its like $200+. The EZP2019 works good. The down fall of these 2 programmers is you have to sandwich boards for the correct volts for that chip your programing. The CH341A “V1.7” is had a voltage adjustment switch and it works. Bad thing is the software is blah. Over I would suggest the TL866II over all of them.

Quick question. Are you flashing in circuit?

I hope you fluxing fix that.

Anterweb
        Participant
          • Topics 2
          • Replies 2
          • Total 4

Thanks for the reply,
          I’m currently inundated with macbook repair, I’ve refused to touch them for years due to a real dislike for apple but had to take the step due to high demand, this first one I’m having problems with is a A1708 macbook pro, I have removed the bios chip but just get sporadic readings and errors when trying to erase or programme the chip using CH341A that I purchased, it seems to read the chip fine then just give me errors, I tried like 3 other versions of software that claim to work with this programmer 1 of them even verified the flash and said all is good but I just get a touch pad click and a blank screen on putting the chip back, I know the bios file is good so am convinced it’s the programmer / software at fault

NorthridgeFix
          Keymaster
            • Topics 0
            • Replies 67
            • Total 67
            • Admin

Chip programmers will be in stock later this week. I’ll update the post when when item is available for purchase.

Juice
            Participant
              • Topics 2
              • Replies 12
              • Total 14

Did you look up the data sheet of that chip to see what voltage the chip is? I have seen issues with under volt programmers causing issues.

I hope you fluxing fix that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.