Notifications
Clear all

iPad mini 4 with vertical lines, screen and ribbons in great conditions

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

I have an iPad mini 4 that needed a dock replacement and battery. I changed them out. When putting the screen back together there is now vertical lines on the screen or sometimes like a white tent over the screen. Prior to the repair the screen was perfect. I don’t think it would be the screen because I carefully removed it like I usually do and disconnect the battery and then everything else. I’ve done tons of screen replacements but just stumped on the iPad mini 4 because this is the second time it’s happened. The other iPad mini 4 the only thing I replaced was the wifi antenna but came out to the same issue.. I noticed on one of your other videos on older models the iPads had magnets and were important have those magnets back in place where they belong but in my case the iPad mini 4 don’t have magnets. Would be able to guide me through or hint me specific spots to check for please. Btw the dock charges perfect and new battery is good.I’ve already ordered two replacements screens to narrow down the problem.

NorthridgeFix
(@alex)
Admin Admin

Lines usually mean either the screen is bad or the FPC connector is. You need to try another screen before doing anything else. The magnet is a sleep wake sensor and has nothing to do with lines.

ReplyQuote
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

I was very carefully with prying off the screen and flex cables but for some reason it’s happened to two ipads.. I’ve already placed an order for two screens. I’ll test and update the post and let you know. Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

run your finger along the lcd, do lines move? lcd could be cause.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: