Clear all

How to set prices?

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

Hello from the UK guys,

After working on electronics for the past 12 years I started a repair company a few months back, one thing I always struggle with is how to price things. Alex (hi Alex if you read this, I'm a huge fan and love watching your videos!) seems to know every price off the top of his head. I know this will come in time but how do you decide what things will cost the customer to start with? At the moment I'm just on a time basis but I think this means I sometimes over and under price things. Other than calling another repair company and seeing what they charge, I'm really not sure what to do. I can't exactly ask for a full price list off a company as all jobs are different so I'm not sure what to do.

(@Guest)
New Member Guest

Seems like a sensitive information to tell but anyways. I also started my own company with my cousin a month ago and we set prices based on the job. For basic tasks like screen replacements since I have a good contact on our local supplier here in the Philippines and they ship directly from the factory, I increase atleast or higher than 45% of the price and I include labor fee. For diagnostic fee I charge a reasonable ammount lesser than 20% of our daily wage here in our country since it is a per job order based job. If you can get yourself a part replacements as soon as possible then you can increase your prices in a reasonable ammount.

ReplyQuote
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

That's a good way of doing it but some things take a while to install and are only cheap to buy. That's why I charge per hour. I tend to check ebay before calling a repair shop but ebay prices are always stupidly low, I don't know how or why those guys do it. PS5 HDMI port repair for example, people on ebay are charging £42 with free postage, after the port and postage, fees etc they must be making less than £20. It's not a 2 minute job either, there's 2000 screws holding it all together. So I charge for an hour labor and parts.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: