Clear all

MSi B450 A Pro Max

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Guest)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Hallo. I've been watching these amazing Youtube-videos on this channel for quite some time now, because I want to learn how to become a better repairman. I have an MSI B450 A Pro Max motherboard with a few issues. The audio is gone, the integrated VGA and HDMI don't work, some USB-ports do not work. If I put a video card in the pc the computer boots and I can get into Windows, but the issues mentioned above still exist.

I have checked the capacitors around the SIO-chip in diode mode and the all seem to be okay. The fuses seem to be okay. I have checked the area around the VGA, HDMI and USB-ports for damaged capacitors but no, the seem to be okay. There is a micro chip in that area but I can't find out what it does.

My next step would be to see if something is getting hot but I don't know what the procedure is. Do you plug in the connector from the ATX power supply or do you inject voltage from another power source? And if so, where do I attach the probes from the external power supply? Do you remove the CPU fan?

What other components could possibly be causing the issues? 

(@Guest)
New Member Guest

Hallo. I've been watching these amazing Youtube-videos on this channel for quite some time now, because I want to learn how to become a better repairman. I have an MSI B450 A Pro Max motherboard with a few issues. The audio is gone, the integrated VGA and HDMI don't work, some USB-ports do not work. If I put a video card in the pc the computer boots and I can get into Windows, but the issues mentioned above still exist.

I have checked the capacitors around the SIO-chip in diode mode and the all seem to be okay. The fuses seem to be okay. I have checked the area around the VGA, HDMI and USB-ports for damaged capacitors but no, the seem to be okay. There is a micro chip in that area but I can't find out what it does.

My next step would be to see if something is getting hot but I don't know what the procedure is. Do you plug in the connector from the ATX power supply or do you inject voltage from another power source? And if so, where do I attach the probes from the external power supply? Do you remove the CPU fan?

What other components could possibly be causing the issues? 

I forgot to mention the onboard debug leds indicates an error with VGA, and testing with a connected speaker indicates the same error - one long beep, two short beeps.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: