Clear all

Macbook Pro mid 2015 stuck in login screen and hdd not detected in disk utility

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Guest 10751)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Hi, i have problem with my Macbook Pro mid 2015, after write down password in login screen, progress bar stuck in about 40-50% and when i try to repair via recovery mode, hdd not detected in disk utility. I've already brought it to authorized apple service, they suggest logicboard replacement. Is there simple solution for this or anyone have same problem? thanks

(@Michael)
New Member Guest

This happened to me twice. I solved by booting the computer in Linux or Windows, deleted all partititions and formated the Mac harddisk as fat32. Than reinstalled OSX through Internet Recovery.

Somehow the APFS file system got corrupted and the Mac didn't recognised the disk. 

Warning: this will lead to dataloss of all content of your harddisk. 

ReplyQuote
(@Guest 10594)
Trusted Member Guest

Try this first:

One way to fix this issue to log in as a Guest and use the Terminal to fix this problem. To do that, follow these steps:

Enter su your_account_name. Now enter your password.

Enter sudo find /private/var/folders | grep com.apple.LaunchServices | grep csstore.

Remove all .csstore files that you can find. You can do that using this command:

sudo rm /private/var/folders/cd/someLongRandomNameHere/someFolderNumberHere/com.apple.LaunchService-whatever.csstore

After doing that, the issue should be resolved. If you don’t have access to the guest account, you can use SSH, recovery console, or boot from the external drive and then access the Terminal.

Try this second:

According to users, sometimes bad kexts can cause this issue to appear. To fix the problem, you need to move or remove the problematic kexts from /System/Library/Extensions. You can do that by following these steps:

Boot into Recovery Mode by holding Command + R while your system boots.

When you reach the macOS Utilities screen, select Terminal from the Utilities

Now you need to mount your drive and move the problematic .kext files. You can do that by running these commands:

mount -rw /

cd /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Extensions/

mkdir Unsupported

mv *.kext Unsupported

reboot

If this fixes the problem, you should do some research and find the problematic files. You can do so by moving the .kext files back to the original location one by one. Users reported issues with Logitech .kext files, but the following files can also cause the issue:

360Controller.kext

Wireless360Controller.kext

WirelessGamingReceiver.kext

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: