Clear all

ASUS G512LI DEAD

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@mladen82)
Topic starter  

Hi,
I rarely repair laptops now, but here came an Asus G512LI that really pissed me off.
Namely, it only needed to replace cooler fans, I found them on Aliexpress, ordered them and they arrived. Replaced it, but when I tried to turn on the laptop, it wouldn't turn on!?

I didn't try it before changing the fans, and the user told me that the laptop was in working order before, shit.
First i checked the charger, it only gave a couple of volts measured with a multimeter on the connector. When i moved the charger cable, it got 20V.
However, the laptop still wouldn't turn on after trying new charger. I soon realized that the problem was also in the motherboard.
The power supply chip PU8701 SN51285A  overheated, it did not give 3V/5V or other voltages.
With the help of the schematic i found that  have low resistances on pin 3 of this chip, that's for the +3VAO power branch. Through the laboratory power supply, i determined that the U3001 IT5125VG chip, the EC controller, was heating up. I removed EC, but that wasn't the end. Furthermore, i found that the PU9801 UP9026Q chip also overheats, when i removed it too, the low resistance on the +3VA branch was lost.
I don't know what caused all these to crash, except that the original charger was faulty. I believe that i could not have made such a failure on the motherboard by hand.

Ordered all new chips from reliable chinese supplier, also EC chip with software in it. Tried but motherboard still dead.:(

I would be grateful for any response.

Best regards,
Mladen

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: