Will a custom vbios...

Notifications
Clear all

Will a custom vbios on a 3090 hurt the card? even if its hold cool?

2 Posts
1 Users
2 Likes
(@Chris)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Hi, I run the Evga 1000 watt bios on my 3090 Asus tuf. I lock the tdp so the card draws about 500w.
the card runs cold at about 30C on heavy load. I have a custom water loop that goes out in my crawlspace under my house so the water is always cooled.

I have been running it like this for a few months but I'm starting to feel like I'm pushing my luck

If the card is held cooled is it relatively safe to run it like this?

Thank you ! and i love your YT channel 

Topic Tags
(@Guest 9571)
New Member Guest

the profiles are what the manufactures consider "safe" under general conditions. there are going to be cards that will perform even better. changing the bios is going to change the way the card behaves yes but will stay within the specified limits. it will be potentially unstable under certain loads. that said, as someone who has experimented with different bios versions in the past with pascal and older cards, i can say you will likely get better experiences if you 1, keep your original bios in your card as it has the more relevant profiles that you can start with so that 2, you can modify those profiles on a curve editor or even all pstates if you wanted to. doing your own overclock will always give you the best results and if you are looking for stability as well as reliability, overclock as well as undervolt. the bios that originally came with the card will give you the best starting points. alternative bios are, in theory, still supposed to remain in safe territory but may lead to instability issues

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: