Notifications
Clear all

Surface Pro

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

What is the specific reason Northridgefix won't work on the surface pro family of laptop/tablets?

(@dfurno)

I cannot speak for Alex, but I do know that the surface pro has a fused glass panel and LCD which is very fragile and commonly breaks during repairs. I think it is probably not economical to deal with them.

ReplyQuote
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

True, they are fragile, but I have taken the screen off many times without damage. You have to have a hot pad(to mt the glue) and the plastic picks. No, I think there its something else. A Surface Pro 6 costs over $2k new, so I think it economical, they are billing the client anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@juice)

What is the issue with your surface?

ReplyQuote
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

Screen flickers or half disappears them comes back. Fonts out of focus. Gets hot. Initially batteries had expended replaced them. Before and now, won't run unless plugged in. (This is SP4, my SP6 works great)

ReplyQuote
(@juice)

So you need the battery replaced? or have you already got it replaced?

ReplyQuote
NorthridgeFix
(@alex)
Admin Admin

Surface pros have a low success rate when it comes to motherboard repair especially that no schematics or boardview diagrams are available. That's also not taking into consideration the risks involved prying the screen open to get to the motherboard.

ReplyQuote
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

@alex Hi Alex i sent in surface pro 4 for repairs its been over a month i had already taken the screen off and provided it along with my device to you guys.  i have sent numerous request for an update on my surface pro with little response. At this point i just want it shipped back after seeing this post.  I am also heading out the country and need the device sent back before this Friday.  This has not been a pleasant experience. Can you help?

ReplyQuote
(@Wayne Wayne Lundall)
New Member Guest

The problem  with the sp4 is actually  the heatsink on it.  It heats up the screen and  cause it to flicker..  I think  the gas/vapor  chambers were poorly made. So I removed  my screen and there is a space between  the case and sp pro and now it doesn't  Flicker.  There is schematic  for sp4..  check on Dr bios.com that's where  i got them form

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: